6th journalists contest on SRHR/FP in OP Countries
The 6th edition of the OP journalists contest on SRHR has been launched and will end on September 30, 2021. The competition is organized by the Ouagadougou Partnership and the Population Council.
The objective of this contest is to stimulate the production of journalists and bloggers to accompany the dynamics set by informing the public of the SRHR/FP issues and empowering political and programmatic decision-makers for adequate decision-making in order to advance the objectives of CIPs.
- stimulate the production of articles and programs on SRHR/FP by journalists and bloggers from OP countries;
- promote the RH/FP objectives of OP countries;
- promote information on SRHR/FP and the contribution of journalists and bloggers to the promotion of FP in OP countries;
- stimulate the collaboration of journalists and bloggers with OP focal points and other FP stakeholders in the 09 countries
- encourage journalists and bloggers to hold their governments accountable and to be transparent about their commitments to fund RH/FP;
- contribute to the identification of potential RH/FP champion journalists in the region;
- provide information to assess the media’s contribution to the promotion of SRHR/FP in the region.
Two winners will be awarded in each category. The winning productions will be widely promoted as examples of good journalistic practice in family planning