Unit:Ouagadougou Partnership Coordination Unit
Country Location: Dakar, Senegal
Type of contract : Fixed term (1 year)
Reporting To: Director, Ouagadougou Partnership Coordination Unit
Application deadline: August 19 2016
Application (Cover letter and resume) should be sent by email, [email protected]
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Advocacy and External Relations Manager will coordinate the Partnership’s collaborations with external partners, including but not limited to the West African Health Organization, Family Planning 2020, Sécurité Contraceptive en Afrique Francophone, the World Bank’s Sahel Women’s Empowerment and Demographic Dividend project, and the Gates Foundation’s Challenge Initiative.
The manager will be responsible for developing and operationalizing any needed agreements with these and other external entities, will coordinate shared events and activities, and will encourage complementary activities in West Africa. The Manager will also support regional and country-level advocacy, developing and updating materials and supporting Partnership donors and partners in their advocacy efforts.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, International Development or related discipline
- At least 8 years of experience designing and implementing advocacy and communication programs in sub-Saharan Africa including SMART goal setting
- Familiarity and knowledge of family planning status and challenges in francophone West Africa
- Proven leadership and strategic planning capabilities
- Strong representational experience which relies on excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing inter-institutional coordinating functions within a multi-cultural operating environment
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and diplomacy skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions)
- Proven sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English
- Experience developing simple data presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience producing quality French-language communication products such as progress reports, case studies, and articles.